On November 2nd the next Clarinet Day of the Swiss Clarinet Society will take part in the Conservatory of Bern.
The program includes a.o.
- different lectures and workshops :
- Paula Häni: free Improvisation
- Martha Rüfli: numeric writing instead of „normal“ scores
- Nora Helbling: Music-physiologic exercises
- Mia Schultz: Klezmerworkshop
- Nils Kohler (Bern Symphony Orchestra): Basics for Bassclarinet
- Richard Haynes: modern playing techniques
- a time journey to the clarinets of the 18th and 19th century with the instument maker Andreas Schöni
- Highlight of the Clarinet day: the debut concert of the newly founded Swiss Clarinet Orchestra
- big exhibition of the most important clarinet makers and clarinet accessory brands with the possibility to test new developments and instruments
- and – last but not least – there is the possibility to meet other clarinet geeks to get to know and talk to.
Cornelia Kindler, Bernhard Röthlisberger, Nils Kohler